4638 North Racine Avenue, Unit 1, Chicago
NEW LISTING! | $250,000
City and private entities are investing hundreds of millions of dollars in this neighborhood
— get in early so you can be apart of the action!
Live or invest in the Sheridan Park area of Uptown — only a few blocks to the city’s best music venues, Target, artisan coffee shops, yoga, the lake and CTA!
City and private entities are investing hundreds of millions of dollars in this neighborhood — get in early so you can be apart of the action!
Located in an all brick historic courtyard building, this two bed, one bath condo is filled with large windows, bringing in natural light from three exposures. Featuring hardwood floors, stainless steel appliances, gas fireplace, in-unit washer & dryer, two year new furnace and a charming back deck. This condo has a gated prime parking spot — it’s only a few steps from the condo’s back door, making unloading the car a breeze! Incredible, gigantic 10’ x 7’ storage room in lower level. Low assessments in a professionally managed building. No current special assessments. Investor and pet friendly!
Assessment: $243.17 (includes water, trash, common insurance, lawn care)
2018 Taxes: $2,844.73
Schedule a showing today! Contact email@example.com to learn more or to schedule a tour!
- Two bedroom, one bath condo with prime parking
- Blocks to the city’s best music venues, Target, artisan coffee shops, yoga, the Lake and CTA!
- Historic courtyard building
- In-unit washer & dryer
- Central heat and air
- Hardwood floors
- Granite counters, stainless steel appliances
- Gas fireplace
- Charming deck
- Two year new Furnace
- Gigantic 10’ x 7’ storage room in lower level
- Professionally managed building
- No current special assessments
- Investor and pet friendly
2018 Taxes: $2,844.73
- Monthly assessments: $243.17 (includes water, trash, common insurance, lawn care)
- No current special assessments
- $16,000 in reserves
- Association is budgeting 10% of it’s annual income to be deposited into the reserve account
- Unit is currently rented for $1900 per month. Lease ends August 31, 2019. Landlord and Tenants open to discussing lease details/flexibility as needed.
- Currently 62% owner occupied. No rental restrictions with minimum of 12 month lease.
- Pet friendly
- Hallways were painted in 2017, Landscape project started 2018
- One entity does not own more than 10% of the building
- No lawsuits pending or discussed
- No known building code violations
4638 North Racine Avenue has a Walk Score of 95 out of 100. This location is a Walker’s Paradise so daily errands do not require a car. This location is in the Uptown neighborhood in Chicago. Nearby parks include Gooseberry Park, Park 487 and Hickory Park.
- Red Line 0.2 mi
- Purple Line 0.2 mi
- UP-N Union Pacific North 0.8 mi
- Brown Line 0.8 mi
- 78 Montrose 0.1 mi
- 36 Broadway 0.1 mi
- 81 Lawrence 0.2 mi
- 151 Sheridan 0.3 mi
- Broadway & Wilson 0.2 mi
- Winthrop & Laurence 0.3 mi
- Brass Heart 0.1 mi
- Agami 0.1 miGigio’s Pizzeria 0.1 mi
- Magnolia Cafe 0.1 mi
- Broadway Grill & Chicken 0.1 mi
- Camela’s Taqueria 0.1 mi
- Demera Restaurant 0.2 mi
- Caravan 0.2 mi
- Fat Cat Restaurant and Bar 0.2 mi
- Dib Sushi Bar and Thai Cuisine 0.2 mi
- The Reservoir 0.4 mi
- PhoViet 0.4 mi
- Bianca Belle Cuisines 0.4 mi
- Tank Noodle 0.5 mi
- The Bongo Room 0.6 mi
- Hopleafs 0.7 mi
- Spacca Napoli Pizzeria 0.8 mi
- Aldi 0.3 mi
- Jewel Osco 0.5 mi
- Food Town 0.5 mi
- Old World Market 0.6 mi
- Mariano’s Edgewater
- Whole Foods Market 1.4 mi
- Trader Joes 1.4 mi
- Target 0.3 mi
- Uptown Ace Hardware 0.1 mi
- CVS Pharmacy 0.4 mi
- Walgreen 0.9 mi
- Starbucks 0.1 mi
- Dunkin’ Donuts 0.2 mi
- Baker & Nosh 0.2 mi
- Everybody’s Coffee 0.3 mi
- Dollup Coffee Co. 0.8 mi
- Uptown Fitness 0.5 mi
- Cheetah Gym 0.9 mi
- Lincoln Square Athletic Club 1.4 mi
- CrossTown Fitness – Lakeview 1.4 mi
- LA Fitness 1.8 mi
- Orangetheory Fitness 1.9 mi
CTA Commute Times:
Door to Door…
- 28 min to Macy’s on State
- 28 min to The Merchandise Mart
- 30 min to John Hancock Center
- 32 min to Union Station
- 33 min to Lincoln Park Zoo
- 37 min to Willis Tower
- 62 min to O’Hare Airport
- 75 min to Midway Airport
Welcome to Uptown, Chicago’s entertainment hub, nestled along Lake Michigan about six miles north of downtown. Uptown was once dubbed “the Loop’s little brother.” Ever-welcoming, and ever-evolving, the neighborhood is a vibrant, living tapestry—as rich in history as it is in culture. Annexed into Chicago in 1857, Uptown has a colorful history as a nexus for arts and entertainment.
Today it shines as a place to call home for Chicagoans seeking incredible access to the lakefront, public transportation and relative affordability. Uptown’s early glamour is still reflected in its historic buildings and Uptown Square was designated a historic landmark district by the City of Chicago in 2016.
But recent private and public investments nearing $600 Million helped to rebuild Uptown’s transit, streets, public and retail spaces enhancing its vibrancy making it an ideal place to buy a home.
Excitement continues this summer with a $75 Million renovation of the historic Uptown Theatre. This is just one of Uptown’s many crown jewels including the Preston Bradley Center, Lawrence House, the Aragon Ballroom, the Bridgeview Bank Building, the Green Mill, the Riviera Theatre, the Uptown Broadway Building, the Wilson Avenue Theatre, the McJunkin Building, the historic Wilson Station’s Gerber Building, and many more.
The neighborhood also has a number of independent bookstores, art galleries, cafes, and restaurants. The community works to balance new development with a commitment to preserve its past.
Uptown is incredibly accessible, with easy access to downtown Chicago and beyond via Lake Shore Drive, the Lakefront Trail bike path, four CTA train stations, and a Metra commuter rail station.
Uptown United sponsors summertime outdoor movies and live music in parks and public areas throughout the Uptown neighborhood. As the weather cools, community events include Halloween events and holiday pop-up markets.
Visit exploreuptown.org for all current event information.