Absolutely incredible three-story Rowhome in Roscoe Village begs to be owned by a Chicagoan who loves vintage details with modern amenities.
It’s a dream to live on the friendliest block in Chicago—the kind of street where you can enjoy story time on the neighbor’s front porch, borrow a cup of sugar and partake in cocktails and ice cream socials with the neighbors. The annual block party has decades of history and the sense of community is strong. This incredible Roscoe Village location is convenient to the CTA Brown Line and walking distance to Roscoe, Southport, North Center and Lincoln Avenue restaurants and shops. Educational prospects couldn’t be better with CPS’s Hamilton Elementary and St. Andrew’s Catholic Schools, both Blue Ribbon award-winning institutions, just three blocks away.
Built before the Chicago World’s Fair, the third floor was turned into an apartment after the World Wars to accommodate soldiers returning home. The home was then re-converted back into a single family home starting in 1997 when the previous owners purchased it. Current owners lovingly continued the restoration work that you will appreciate throughout the property.
Enter through a vintage vestibule—the mudroom of the late 1800’s—and appreciate the grandeur of the original oak staircase. Additional original details are found in the living room fireplace, dining room built-in cabinets and original Spanish brass chandelier.
The handsomely renovated kitchen, completed in 2019, marries old and new with custom Ayr cabinets from South Bend, luxury Quartzite counters, hand poured concrete floors, delicate tile backsplash and exposed brick. Timeless Viking Stove, Bosch dishwasher, Samsung fridge and other stainless appliances complete the contemporary look. Trim was replaced as necessary, custom made by Skokie Millwork, to match the original quarter-sawn oak found throughout the home.
Prepare dinner and dine on the deck overlooking the professionally landscaped back lawn. The backyard is gloriously maintenance free with high end, American-made turf that looks beautiful and drains well—perfect for pets and kids. It’s the same high performing product you will see at locations like Gallagher Way at Wrigley Field. Sellers can take or leave the fun swing set—make us an offer!
The charming garage is easy on the eyes and as wide as the lot, offering space for two cars, plus a huge attic. Since it is also lined for gas and water, imagine the possibilities of converting it to an office, man cave, she shed or coach house! The sprinkler system in the professionally landscaped front yard is controlled by an app to manage watering + gutter systems travel underground toward the street for a clean look that directs water away from the home.
The second floor features a very large front bedroom, sizable second bedroom, and generous office that could easily be a nursery or guest space. It also hosts a full bathroom and conveniently located washer and dryer. The third floor offers a private, full-floor primary suite retreat with oversized master bedroom and generous custom closets. The master bath features onyx tile, a stand up shower and jacuzzi tub. Retreat out onto the roof deck overlooking the neighborhood as you sip your morning coffee.
Basement is outfitted with stamped concrete floors and warm radiant heat. 2019 updates include a new wet bar with Cliq semi-custom cabinets, sink, faucet and beverage fridge. They also added built-in storage for toys, games and costumes. Friends and family enjoy this separate living space for watching movies and playing and consistently comment on how warm and inviting the radiantly heated floors are!
Large closets throughout the home are outfitted with Elfa custom closet solutions. New layer and silver coat was added to roof in 2018. Pella windows and patio doors throughout. Underground plumbing updated, including a new ejector pit, in 2019. Cools quickly with dual-zoned heat and air. Please see the Updates & Upgrades tab for a full list of updates and upgrades. Fee simple, no homeowner’s association or dues. It’s a pleasure to show and sell this wonderful home!
- Three story brick row house with full finished basement—over 3000 square feet!
- Three bedrooms + office/nursery
- Three and a half baths
- Fee simple, no homeowner’s association or dues
- Renovated kitchen with custom cabinets, quartzite counters, concrete floors and exposed brick
- Viking Stove, Bosch dishwasher, Samsung fridge and other stainless appliances
- Backyard oasis with turf grass, professional landscaping and sprawling deck
- Front yard professionally landscaped with sprinkler system
- Charming two car garage has huge attic, lined for gas and water
- Vintage vestibule—the mudroom of the late 1800’s
- Washer and dryer conveniently located on second floor
- Full floor primary suite retreat with large bedroom, onyx tiled master bath and roof deck overlooking the neighborhood
- Basement offers large family room, attractive wet bar, full bath, storage and radiant heat
- Live on the friendliest block in Chicago + Incredible Roscoe Village location, convenient to the CTA Brown Line, Roscoe, Southport, North Center and Lincoln Avenue restaurants and shops
- Walk to Two Blue Ribbon Award Winning Schools: CPS’s Hamilton Elementary School + St Andrew Catholic School
2019 Taxes: $14,820.67 with Homeowner’s Exemption
- Ayr custom kitchen cabinets, installed 2019
- Quartzite natural stone countertops
- Bosch dishwasher 2019
- Samsung low profile fridge 2019
- Viking stove ~1999, recently serviced for longevity
- Dual-zoned HVAC: first and second floor Lenox AC new 2020
- Whirlpool washer and dryer 2016
- 75 gallon water heater new 2020
- 50 gallon water heater for basement floor radiant heat 2016
- Roof fully replaced by prior owners, new layer and silver coat added in 2018
- Pella windows installed throughout in 1999. Two south facing windows shall be replaced this summer, pending production at Pella—fully paid for. Pella patio doors new in 2017
- Gas fireplace. Mantle, original. Vented 2016. Custom beveled mirror made by Torstenson’s in 2017. Carrera marble slab and new tile on the hearth installed 2019
- Wetbar: Cliq semi-custom cabinets, sink, faucet and beverage fridge installed 2019
- Basement dug out by previous owner with stamped concrete floors and radiant heat
- Concrete floor in kitchen hand-poured by previous owner
- Stunning Onyx tile in third floor bathroom
- Hardwood floors throughout home. Original wood in dining room, living room on the main floor, front and middle bedrooms on the second floor. New hardwood flooring on third floor 2010
- Carpet on stairs to basement replaced 2020 by Home Carpet One
- All updated electrical ~1999
- Cat 5 wiring throughout house, including basement
- Vivint security system and camera doorbell connected to phone app
- Manual garage door openers with app access through Vivant
- Ejector pump new 2019
- Coved ceilings in living room/dining room and front bedroom on second floor
- New picture rail in middle second floor bedroom custom made by Skokie Millwork to reproduce original.
- Doorway of kitchen opened up to match doorway of living room to dining room. All trim custom made by Skokie Millwork to match original
Brown Line: 0.1 mi
152 Addison: 0.1 mi
9 Ashland: 0.3 mi
50 Damen: 0.2 mi
Zipcar: Paulina/Lincoln 0.2 mi
Zipcar: 1650 W Cornelia 0.3 mi
Divvy Station: N Ravenswood Ave/N Lincoln Ave: 0.2 mi
Cafe Orchid: 0.2 mi
Bartoli’s Pizzeria: 0.2 mi
Four Moon Tavern: 0.2 mi
Fernando’s Tequila Bar & Restaurant: 0.2 mi
Commonwealth Tavern: 0.3 mi
Frasca Pizzeria & Wine Bar: 0.3 mi
Hot Woks Cool Sushi: 0.4 mi
Crosby’s Kitchen: 0.6 mi
Trader Joe’s: 0.4 mi
Whole Foods Market: 0.6 mi
Target: 0.6 mi
Lululemon: 0.6 mi
Anthropologie: 0.7 mi
J.Crew: 0.7 mi
I.d Spot Pet Supply Store: 0.4 mi
Loba Pastry + Coffee: 0.3 mi
Starbucks: 0.4 mi
Xsport Fitness: 0.5 mi
Lake View YMCA: 0.5 mi
Midtown Athletic Club: 1.6 mi
CTA Commute Times:
Door to Door…
32 min to Macy’s on State Street
26 min to The Merchandise Mart
34 min to Union Station
30 min to Willis Tower
27 min to Lincoln Park Zoo
36 min to John Hancock Center
49 min to O’Hare Airport
60 min to Midway Airport