Absolutely stunning brick Rowhome home begs to be owned by a Chicagoan who loves vintage details with modern amenities.
It’s a dream to live on the friendliest block in Chicago—the kind of street where you can enjoy story time on the neighbor’s front porch, borrow a cup of sugar and partake in cocktails and ice cream socials with the neighbors. The annual block party has decades of history and the sense of community is strong. This incredible Roscoe Village location is convenient to the CTA Brown Line and walking distance to Roscoe, Southport, North Center and Lincoln Avenue restaurants and shops. Educational prospects couldn’t be better with CPS’s Hamilton Elementary and St. Andrew’s Catholic Schools, both Blue Ribbon award-winning institutions, just three blocks away.
Built before the Chicago World’s Fair, this home has been lovingly owned and is now ready for a future generation to take it to the next level. Enter through a vintage vestibule—the mudroom of the late 1800’s—and appreciate the grandeur of the original oak staircase. Additional original details are found in the living room fireplace, cove ceilings and hardwood floors. The sunny kitchen would be a beautiful remodel, overlooking an entertainer’s backyard. One powder bath is conveniently located on the main floor + several closets and pantries allow for plenty of storage.
The second floor features a very large front bedroom, sizable second bedroom, and a third bedroom that could easily be used as an office, nursery or guest space. It also hosts a full bathroom ready for modern tile and updates. Cedar closets add a sense of luxury and care. The space is filled with sunlight from the custom copper skylight from above. The basement is ready to be converted into a fantastic family room, and even a guest suite. Enjoy a private back yard and garage. To imagine the possibilities, notice how neighbors have landscaped, installed patios and playgrounds + garage roof decks.
The possibilities are endless! Fee simple, no homeowner’s association or dues. It’s a pleasure to show and sell this wonderful home!
To schedule a showing, email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
- Live on the friendliest block in Chicago + Incredible Roscoe Village location, convenient to the CTA Brown Line, Roscoe, Southport, North Center and Lincoln Avenue restaurants and shops
- Walk to Two Blue Ribbon Award Winning Schools: CPS’s Hamilton Elementary School + St Andrew Catholic School
- Brick Rowhome currently offers approx 2300 sf of space plus a yard and garage
- Three bedrooms
- One full and one half bath
- Fee simple, no homeowner’s association or dues
- Original detailing throughout the home including cove ceilings, quartersawn oak trim, and hardwood floors
- Vintage vestibule—the mudroom of the late 1800’s
- Laundry room in basement
- Basement offers the possibility of a large family room and additional bedroom suite
- Private backyard and garage offer endless opportunities
- Taxes: $5,015.31 with homeowner and senior exemption.
Public Transportation Rail Line
- Brown Line 0.1 mi
- 152 Addison 0.1 mi
- 9 Ashland 0.3 mi
- 50 Damen 0.2 mi
- Zipcar: Paulina/Lincoln 0.2 mi
- Zipcar: 1650 W Cornelia 0.3 mi
- Divvy Station 0.2 mi
Neighborhood Information Restaurants
- Café Orchid 0.2 mi
- Bartoli’s Pizzeria 0.2 mi
- Four Moon Tavern 0.2 mi
- Fernando’s Tequila Bar & Restaurant 0.2 mi
- Commonwealth Tavern 0.3 mi
- Frasca Pizzeria & Wine Bar 0.3 mi
- Hot Woks Cool Sushi 0.4 mi
- Crosby’s Kitchen 0.6 mi
- Trader Joe’s 0.4 mi
- Whole Foods Market 0.6 mi
- Target 0.6 mi
- Lululemon 0.6 mi
- Anthropologie 0.7 mi
- J.Crew 0.7 mi
- I.d Spot Pet Supply Store 0.4 mi
- Loba Patry + Coffee 0.3 mi
- Starbucks 0.4 mi
- Xsport Fitness 0.5 mi
- Lake View YMCA 0.5 mi
- Midtown Athletic Club 1.6 mi
CTA Commute Times: Door to Door…
- 27 min to Lincoln Park Zoo
- 26 min to The Merchandise Mart
- 30 min to Willis Tower
- 34 min to Macy’s on State
- 36 min to John Hancock Center
- 34 min to Union Station
- 49 min to O’Hare Airport
- 60 min to Midway Airport