- Property Info
- Association Info
- Floor Plans
- Local Information
- Personal Letter from the Seller
1. Gorgeous New Updates! Brand new white kitchen cabinets, quartz counters and subway backsplash. On trend lighting and brass accents. Refinished floors and new carpet. Not to mention two baths updated in the last 5 years!
2. Lakeview Location, Location, Location: Quiet block with immediate access to Belmont and Southport CTA stations. Centrally located between three dining and nightlife scenes: Southport Corridor, East Lakeview and Wrigleyville. Less than 4 miles to the loop, less than 1 mile to the lake, parks and playgrounds are within a block of home.
3. Unique Layout: This two floor unit offers a SFH feel without the price. Entertain on the main level with sprawling kitchen, living and dining. Rest on the second floor where the bedrooms are quiet.
4. Attached Garage Parking: Winters will never be better when you can go straight to your car without having to step foot outside.
5. Roof Top Deck: Perfect outdoor views for working from home, grilling dinner and entertaining friends.
Take virtual tour of this property HERE
Monthly HOA: $328.51
2019 Taxes: $7279.56 with homeowner’s exemption
To schedule a showing, email email@example.com today!
- Two bed, two bath duplex condo
- Renovated kitchen featuring white quartz countertops, brand new white cabinets, brass handles, wood open shelves, stainless steel appliances and wine fridge
- West Elm lighting, Restoration Hardware fixtures, custom built-in cabinets
- Freshly refinished hardwood floors
- Newly painted throughout
- Gas fireplace
- Generously sized bedrooms and closets with brand new carpeting
- Updated second floor bath with stunning double vanity, marble and porcelain tiles
- Designer main floor bath with Carrera marble and glass tiles
- New Air Conditioner (‘20), Microwave (‘21), Fridge (‘18), Water heater (‘17)
- Washer and dryer in unit
- Entertaining is easy with the common roof deck space
- Attached garage parking + additional storage
- Transportation is easy – access to all lines (red, blue, purple) and multiple Divvy stops
- Highly rated Nettelhorst Elementary
Monthly HOA: $328.51
2019 Taxes: $7279.56 with homeowner’s exemption
- Monthly Assessment: $328.51
- Assessments include: snow removal, building maintenance outside and inside weekly cleaning, gas grill, common areas including roof deck, savings, etc.
- Current Owner Occupancy rate vs rentals: 1 of the 14 units is rented now
- A total of 2 units can be rented at any one time, currently at 1/14
- Pet friendly
- No current special assessments
- Amount in Reserves: $31,488.03
- Management Company information: First Community Management
- Recent building improvements: Re-carpeted the school street stairs (2019), improved the lock on the outside of the building
- Does (1) entity own more than 10% of the building? No
- No known lawsuits or building code violations
- 2019 Taxes: $7279.56 with homeowner’s exemption
This location is a commuter’s dream: Red, Brown and Purple lines are just a few blocks away, not to mention multiple Divvy bike stations and bus routes. Within Nettelhorst school district, the home is across the street from Hawthorne scholastic academy. Enjoy the unbelievably beautiful Hawthorne Community Nature & Play Gardens, play at Margaret Donahue “Cubs” Park, go for a run on the Hawthorne track, play soccer or read a book there…the options are all yours when you call 1043 School “home”.
1043 West School Street has a Walk Score of 88 out of 100. This location is Very Walkable so most errands can be accomplished on foot.
1043 West School Street is a four minute walk from the Brown Line, the Purple Line and the Red Line at the Belmont stop.
This location is in the Lakeview neighborhood in Chicago.
- Red Line 0.2 mi
- Purple Line 0.2 mi
- Brown Line 0.2 mi
- 77 Belmont 0.1 mi
- 22 Clark 0.2 mi
- 8 Halsted 0.3 mi
- 156 LaSalle 0.4 mi
- 151 Sheridan 0.4 mi
- 950 W Belmont 0.2 mi
- Divvy Broadway & Belmont 0.5 mi
- Sheffield’s Wine & Beer Garden 0.05 mi
- Giordano’s 0.1 mi
- Chipotle 0.1 mi
- Redmond’s Ale House 0.1 mi
- Ukai Sushi 0.1 mi
- Blaze Pizza 0.1 mi
- Blokes & Birds Public House 0.2 mi
- Paul’s Noodle Shop 0.2 mi
- El Jardin 0.2 mi
- Clarke’s 0.2 mi
- Hutch Chicago 0.2 mi
- Bites Asian Tapas & Sushi 0.2 mi
- P.S. Bangkok 0.2 mi
- Twist 0.2 mi
- Sombrero Cantina 0.2 mi
- Bacino’s 0.2 mi
- Matsuya 0.2 mi
- Whole Foods 0.6 mi
- GNC 0.6 mi
- Trader Joe’s 0.8 mi
- ALDI 1.3 mi
- Jewel Osco 0.8 mi
- Urban Flowers Chicago 0.1 mi
- Michaels 0.3 mi
- Wrigleyville Sports 0.4 mi
- Fleet Feet Sports 0.4 mi
- Athleta 0.4 mi
- J.Crew 0.5 mi
- Amazon Books 0.5 mi
- Lush 0.5 mi
- Benefit Cosmetics 0.5 mi
- Paper Source 0.5 mi
- Anthopologie 0.6 mi
- Luluemon Athletica 0.6 mi
- Banana Republic 0.9 mi
- Target 0.9 mi
- The House Cafe 0.1 mi
- Dark Matter Coffee 0.2 mi
- Starbucks 0.3 mi
- Peet’s Coffee and Tea 0.4 mi
- Dunkin’ Donuts 0.4 mi
- Number One Gym 0.08 mi
- Chicago Primal Gym 0.3 mi
- Lincoln Park Athletic Club 0.6 mi
- Fitness 19 0.8 mi
- LA Fitness 0.8 mi
- Lakeshore Sport & Fitness 1.1 mi
CTA Commute Times:
Door to Door…
- 19 min to Macy’s on State
- 20 min to Lincoln Park Zoo
- 22 min to The Merchandise Mart
- 23 min to John Hancock Center
- 29 min to Willis Tower
- 37 min to Union Station
- 63 min to O’Hare Airport
- 63 min to Midway Airport
Elementary and High Schools
Nettelhorst Elementary (K-8) Level 1+
Nettelhorst offers an International Fine and Performing Arts Magnet Program, combining the visual and performing arts with world culture. The school maintains a global perspective, stresses high expectations, values diversity, and has earned the Dimon Distinquished Community Schools award in the spring of 2008.
Lake View High School (9-12) Level 2+
Lake View High School is Chicago’s Premier Neighborhood High School where students explore their interests in preparation for college, career, and community commitment. As a STEM school, we teach critical thinking, 21st Century Skills and Habits of Mind in all courses from Art to World Studies, and in a variety of math and science courses and electives including Forensic Science, IT Problem Solving, and Web Design. Through our Early College options, all students have the opportunity to achieve mastery and earn college credit in AP and Dual Credit courses. Select students participate in the Innovation Academy, a school-within-a-school program that takes students around the city to meet tech innovators at our partner institutions, including Northwestern and DePaul Universities and the Microsoft corporation.
I thought I would provide a few reasons for why I have loved living at 1043 W School, #207 over the past 7 years. There are so many different things I like about the property, but a lot of what I have found so special about this condo can be synthesized into two main categories: Location and Building.
Perfect Location: The location has been absolutely perfect for me. There are a few reasons why I have loved this location.
1. Nightlife & Social Scene – Being close to Wrigleyville and Southport Corridor has been awesome. I can go to Cubs games easily (when attendance is allowed again) and go out to meet friends at various restaurants and bars there. Southport Corridor is also a hidden gem of an area to go out for drinks/food/coffee/ice cream/etc. Plus, Lincoln Park and Boystown/Broadway are close, as well. I have been a short walk away from some of the best social scenes/nightlife spots in the city.
2. Commute – The commute aspect has been huge. I am just a few minutes from the Belmont El Station, where I can grab the Red, Brown or Purple Line Trains to go downtown for work or to Old Town/River North for dinner with friends (and to quickly get home from work/socializing). Also, there are three Divvy Stations that are just a couple minutes’ walk from the condo which have been ideal for quickly getting around the city and commuting to work. I often run to or from work, as well, and it is only 4 miles from my office downtown.
3. Quaint Neighborhood – While we are close to Wrigleyville, Southport Corridor and a few other lively spots in north side Chicago, the street and neighborhood itself is very quiet and away from the craziness that allows me to relax. I have loved living by Hawthorne Elementary, where I would often run sprints in the morning or where I would go throw a football with friends on the weekend. We are across the street from a charming little church, which adds to the neighborhood charm. I can go for a long run in the morning and feel true peace which is hard to find in such a big, bustling city. There are several coffee shops nearby where I could work/study/meet friends/etc.
Fantastic Building: The building and condo layout are both unique and really cool. A few specific things that I have liked:
1. Townhome Style Layout – the layout of the condo is more like a townhome than a typical condo. There is no one above or below us in the unit, so there are no neighbors making noise above or below us like you may find in a typical 3-flat unit. Even from the outside, when you point out the unit, it looks more like a townhome than a condo.
2. Two Levels – This has been huge. Being able to separate the living space from the bedrooms has made it easier to watch tv or visit with friends in the living area while someone else can enjoy uninterrupted sleep away from all the activity. Also, when working from home, one person can work from the living room while another can work from the guest room/office and not be on top of each other.
3. Awesome Deck Space – The deck is really cool and we have enjoyed many evening dinners/drinks/sunsets/stargazing/work/etc. up there. It is very private and great to use, especially in the summer.
4. Unique Building – The building itself has a story. It isn’t a cookie cutter 3-flat like so many other Chicago condo buildings. Originally a church that has been converted into condos with unique layouts that are so cool/different, I don’t feel like I am stuck in a boring old building in the city! It is hard to find charm like this building in the city, and I have loved this aspect of making 1043 W School my home.
If you’re looking for a quiet oasis with an elementary school, sports field and playground across the street, this location will be appealing. Also, with the various nearby commute options (train, Divvy, etc.) and nightlife/social scene just steps away in multiple directions, this is a great spot to stay connected with our vibrant city. Finally, you can’t beat the unique layout and charming nature of this property, offering townhome style living at condo pricing.
We are excited to make this your new home!