1021 West Bryn Mawr Avenue, Unit 3B, Chicago
SOLD | $585,000 | MULTIPLE OFFERS OVER LIST
This modernized property is unlike any home, anywhere…
Seize this rare opportunity to reside in the iconic Manor House building in Historic Bryn Mawr!
Castle-like turrets atop each symmetrical wing of Manor House are the first sign that this home is a standout. Built in 1908 by John Edmund Oldaker Pridmore, the enchanting two-bed, two-bath multi-floor penthouse residence near the lake has been lovingly renovated, restored and modernized.
The unique scale and layout of the extraordinary 3000 sf+ home offers unsurpassed opportunity for creative living and entertaining spaces like none other. Rich, wood beams add depth and drama to high ceilings, while exposed brick walls add character and vintage appeal. Light streams in through large, all-new windows adding charm and beauty. Hardwood floors gleam throughout, and the fireplace brings warmth.
The master bedroom wing occupies its own floor and is a paradise of natural light that shines through an expansive bay window. Relax and unwind in the updated master bathroom with its modern and sophisticated claw-foot tub, the wide trough sink vanity and walk in shower. The spacious, walk-in closet simplifies organization with incredible built-in shelving and drawers. Laundry is a cinch with the in-unit washer and dryer and lengthy folding counter. The guest wing features a large bedroom with a private balcony overlooking the city and glimpses of the lake. The nearby full guest bathroom recalls Manor House’s historic heritage with its vintage wall tile and fabulous cast-iron tub.
A lovely, L-shaped banquette on the upper level welcomes breakfast conversations and overlooks the chefs kitchen, which boasts all new stainless steel appliances, long concrete counters and plenty of style. Take your morning coffee out onto one of three private deck spaces where the lake breeze whisks your cares away and guarantees sun at every exposure. A perfect opportunity to garden in the city and to entertain friends who are wowed by the views.
New electrical has brought modern living to vintage style, and heating and cooling is customized per floor, allowing you to adjust to your comfort level wherever you are in your home. Modern upgrades include 8 zone surround sound, dedicated media wiring, ethernet and server room, zoned hvac, new windows, warm fireplace, and in unit laundry. Storage is unmatched, with huge closets throughout, an extra large bonus space under the second bedroom and a private 304sf storage unit in the building’s common area. Deeded parking included seals the deal.
An impressive sight from the street, Manor House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is also one of the most magnificent structures within the larger Bryn Mawr Historic District. As you step into the lush courtyard garden, you are transported to another world. Soaring stone columns flank the doorways, a Grecian statue stands ethereal in the center of a stone fountain, and terra-cotta accents complement original stained glass windows and red brick. Inside the entrance, artful tile flooring harks back to the exquisite craftsmanship of 20th century architecture. It’s said that the British consul general once lived here, and from the elegance and regal feel, it’s easy to imagine.
Situated amidst the authentic charm of the Bryn Mawr Historic District, Manor House is easily walkable to the popular Andersonville neighborhood and a diverse range of restaurants, shops and theaters. Also convenient to bus and train lines, the gorgeous Lakefront Path and beach.
Offered for $575,000, sold after multiple offers for $585,000
Unit assessment of $517/mo includes hot water, trash, scavenger, snow removal, garden budget, holiday decor
Parking assessment of $40.36/mo
2017 Taxes – Unit $7,689 and Parking $408.13
Schedule a showing today! Contact email@example.com to learn more or to schedule a tour!
- 2-bed, 2-bath, 3 story penthouse with deeded parking
- Creative living & entertaining spaces sprawling over three floors and 3000+ sq ft.
- Master bedroom wing covers an entire floor of its own and features a custom walk-in closet + enormous bathroom
- Guests stay comfortably in their own wing with access to lovely bath with vintage wall tile and cast-iron tub
- Enjoy 400 square feet of private outdoor spaces spanning three different decks and exposures
- Breakfast conversations are welcomed at the built in banquette which overlooks the sprawling chef’s kitchen
- Modern upgrades include 8 zone surround sound, dedicated media wiring, ethernet and server room, zoned hvac, new windows, warm fireplace, in unit laundry
- Two very large storage rooms, plus countless closets throughout the home ((lets get sf in here)
- Situated amidst the authentic charm of the Bryn Mawr Historic District, Manor House is also easily walkable to the popular Andersonville neighborhood and a diverse range of restaurants, shops, theaters and the Lakefront
- Transit options are abundant with EL and express busses only steps away
- Media Wiring: Full house – 8 zones for sound (including decks #1 and #2), bundled cat5/AV cables throughout walls, 2 extra dedicated cat5 ethernet in offices, 4 TV outlets, den surround sound, hidden media center + server rack closet
Master Bath: All new in 2011, walk in shower, claw foot tub, custom vanity, laundry. Kohler & Toto. Hot water is included in assessments, good water pressure. Plumbing upgraded.
Second Bath is original, celebrating vintage wall tile and cast iron bathtub
Gas: Ran to unit for furnaces, deck #1 for grill and kitchen for dual fuel stove
Electrical: 225A, all new in 2011
Air Conditioner / Furnace: Carrier 2011
Washer and Dryer: Whirlpool 2011
Kitchen: Updated in 2011 with full overlay Kraftmaid cabinets, concrete composite counters, GE Stainless appliances, plumbing updated
Fireplace: Ventless, Ethanol
Outdoor faucet & power on deck #1
Safe in pantry
- VIRTUAL TOUR
- Unit: $517 includes hot water, trash, scavenger, snow removal, garden budget, holiday decor
- Parking: $40.36
- No special assessments currently
- Well managed association with good practices for saving and maintenance
- $123,000 in reserves
- 100% owner occupied building, no rentals permitted
- Pet-friendly building allowing 2 per unit
- Communal bike storage, in unit laundry
- 304 sq. ft. private storage room and cedar closet
- Association is currently appealing property taxes
- No building code violations
- 2017 Taxes:
- Unit $7,689
- Parking $408.13
2,784 sq ft Living Space + 304 sq ft Storage + 336 sq ft Decks + 63 sq ft Balcony
1021 West Bryn Mawr Avenue has a Walk Score of 84 out of 100. This location is Very Walkable so most errands can be accomplished on foot.
1021 West Bryn Mawr Avenue is a three minute walk from the Red Line at the Bryn Mawr stop.
This location is in the Edgewater neighborhood in Chicago. Nearby parks include Thorndale Avenue Park, Bromann Park and Lane Park.
- Red Line 0.1 mi
- Purple Line 1.3 mi
- 84 Peterson 0.0 mi
- 147 Outer Drive Express 0.0 mi
- 136 Sheridan/LaSalle Express 0.0 mi
- 151 Sheridan 0.0 mi
- 36 Broadway 0.2 mi
- 146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express 0.4 mi
- 92 Foster 0.4 mi
- Divvy: Lakefront Trail & Bryn Mawr 0.2 mi
- Divvy: Broadway and Ridge 0.2 mi
- Edgewater Beach Cafe .06 mi
- Francesca’s .07 mi
- Blowfish Sushi & Ramen 0.2 mi
- Taqueria Uptown 0.2 mi
- Pasteur 0.2 mi
- Arepaso 0.3 mi
- Tedino’s Pizzeria & Restaurant 0.3 mi
- Herb 0.3 mi
- Burke’s Public House 0.3 mii
- Ras Dashen Ethiopian Restaurant 0.4 mi
- Mango Pickle 0.5 mi
- Big Chicks 0.6 mi
- Vincent 0.7 mi
- Miss Saigon Restaurant 0.9 mi
- HopLeaf 1.2 mi
- Half Acre Taproom and Brewery 1.5 mi
- Jewel-Osco 0.4 mi
- Marianos 0.5 mi
- Whole Foods Market 0.6 mi
- Old World Market 0.6 mi
- Tai Nam Food Market 0.8 mi
- ALDI 0.8 mi
- Walgreens 0.3 mi
- Target 1.6 mi
- pHlour 0.2 mi
- Zanzibar Cafe .07 mi
- Starbucks 0.1 mi
- Dunkin’ Donuts 0.6 mi
- The Coffee Studio 0.7 mi
- Edgewater Fitness Center 0.2 mi
- LA Fitness 0.7 mi
- Orangetheory Fitness 0.8 mi
- B&W Gym 0.8 mi
- Anytime Fitness 1.1 mi
- Lincoln Square Athletic Club 2.0 mi
Public Transportation (info from google maps)
CTA Commute Times:
Door to Door…
19 min to Macy’s on State
- 37 min to The Merchandise Mart
- 39 min to Lincoln Park Zoo
- 42 min to Willis Tower
- 43 min to John Hancock Center
- 48 min to Union Station
- 65 min to Midway Airport
- 1 hr 17 min to O’Hare Airport